I believe we are living in an age of Transgender empowerment. Transgender women the world over are increasingly making positive contributions to society and its various communities. By and large, they are increasingly empowered to take decision about different aspects of their life and profession.
Benefits of Transgender Empowerment:
- Transgender empowerment adds to confidence of Transgender women in their ability to lead meaningful and purposeful lives. It removes their dependence on others and makes them individuals in their own right.
- They are able to lead their lives with dignity and freedom.
- It adds to their self esteem.
- It gives them a distinct identity.
- They are able to gain positions of respect in society.
- They are able to make meaningful contributions to the well-being of society.
- They act as capable citizens to make the country achieve enhanced Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth.
- Studies have shown that by letting Transgender women express themselves in their authentic identity, they make a more profitable contribution to a companies results.
- They get fair and equitable access to resources of the company and country.
Necessity of Transgender’s Empowerment
- Without Transgender womens empowerment, we cannot remove injustice and gender bias and inequalities.
- If Transgender women are not empowered, they cannot enjoy security and protection in life.
- It also provides them a safe working environment.
- Empowerment acts as a powerful tool against exploitation and harassment of Transgender women.
- It is a great means to get adequate legal protection for Transgender women.
- If not socially and economically empowered, Transgender women cannot develop their own identity.
- Transgender women are highly creative and intelligent which makes it imperative to receive their contributions in socio-economic activities.
- For a just and progressive society, Transgender women need to be provided equal opportunities for work
Means of Transgender Empowerment
- Education: Without proper and adequate education, Transgender women cannot become empowered individuals. They need to be encouraged to go for higher studies so that they can contribute significantly in the creation of a knowledge society.
- Communication Skills: Without developing skills for effective communication, Transgender women cannot make their voices heard. It is essential for them to communicate effectively to become successful. As leaders, they need to put across their points to the people so that a family, team or company can be effectively managed.
- Disposable Income: Transgender women need to earn well to have their say in important financial decisions governing their lives. Being financially independent gives Transgender women power over their lives and also contributes to the growth of businesses.
- Power of Internet: Access to the internet has opened the floodgates of knowledge and awareness and increased social interaction reach, influence and understanding of the needs of Transgender women. The liberalizing influence of the World Wide Web has broken all taboos, myths and misconceptions regarding Transgender women and the LGBTQIA community.
Conclusion: Transgender Empowerment helps to make the society and world a better place to live in and march forward on way to inclusive participation. It means increase happiness for the family and the organizations where Transgender women make a difference.